03 Jun, 2019
How to Gear Up Your Home for summer
Summer isn’t only about the heat and sweat. It’s also the time when your utility bills soar to uncontrollable limits. If you’re planning to buy one of the affordable flats in Gurugram and brace your home for the onset of summer, here’s a useful guide comprising 3 vital tips that will come to your succor in beating the heat and curtailing your energy costs.
- Opt for a complete overhaul of your home with a de-clutter
- If truth be told clutter always makes your home look smaller in size and more overpowering.
- In addition, too much clutter absorbs and retains heat. Hence, as a foremost step, you should lessen your home’s décor and dispose of all unnecessary items.
- Heaps of old newspapers and magazines, pieces of furniture unasked for, loads of curios, etc. not only bung up your living space but also make the rooms of your home less airy.
- Set aside bulky decorative pieces and supplant them with kinds of stuff that bring in lots of coolness and calmness.
- You can place a few bowls filled with water and floral petals in all your rooms as this will infuse a simple, fresh, and balmy twist to your home’s décor.
- Choose light and muted fabrics for your upholstery and draperies
- Cumbersome carpets and rugs tend to lock in more heat inside the rooms of your home.
- This, in turn, raises the temperature of the home interior. Ditto for synthetic, satin or velvet drapes, curtains, and upholstery.
- Bring a respite to these fabrics in summer and change over to natural, light fabrics such as cotton and jute in soothing, neutral shades.
- You may well invest in light-weight rugs instead of heavy carpets.
- Settle on curtains made from cotton or even khus-khus mats to touch off an extra cooling sensation.
- Embrace low electricity consuming appliances
- Think about replacing your old appliances with ultra-modern ones to save electricity and lessen your home’s carbon footprint.
- Incandescent bulbs found in budget 2 BHK flats in Gurgaon, dissipate around 90 to 95 percent of energy consumption and generate heat.
- They make use of a paltry 5 to 10 percent of the energy to produce light.
- In case, you have these energy-guzzlers creeping around in your home, contemplate replacing them with LED lights and set your sights on other energy-efficient light fixtures.
- You may find, much to your amazement, that your TV’s set-top box is one such unrestrained offender when it’s all about optimal energy utilization.
- Are you aware that it consumes the same electricity as a refrigerator does? Alas, you don’t have any unit with a more energy-efficient capability.
- For that reason, it’s vital to switch them off when not in use.
- Otherwise, they continue remaining in standby mode and eating up almost the same power as they do while they’re active.
If it suits your budget and taste, make sure to hire a professional builder like Pyramid Infratech in Gurgaon, who can insulate the walls and ceiling of your home. The company boasts of developing some of the best housing projects in Gurgaon primarily on the foundation of the finest quality raw material and reasonable financial practices.
Leave a ReplyYour email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *